Family Apartment - A distant Dream
Premium locations which have very good connectivity, local market and good eating joints, have become a preferred living destination for bachelors. Bachelors are willing to pay a premium and secure a place at such locations in a good apartment with all amenities. Many entrepreneur minds have been exploiting this need by starting a paying guest (PG) home in luxury apartments located on such localities. This has created a situation where the family apartments are now filled with PG tenants. Locations like AECS layout in whitefield now have more than 1000 PG guest houses. Not every family is comfortable living in an apartment filled with PG tenants. Here are some of the reasons, why?
- PG increases the average occupancy per apartment to put additional burden on water supply, thus increasing the maintenance cost per month.
- The common amenities get over crowded with "active" population and make the amenities inaccessible.
- Non-family environment sometime create social issues and families often finds the "extra" residents completely unsocial.
- Replacing the families with bachelors reduces the population in children's parks. This makes the apartment less exciting for people with kids.
- Every citizen of India and non-citizens or for that matter Criminals Politicians Beggers Lepers etc... have been granted fundamental rights under the Indian Constitution to live (reside) anywhere in India BUT except prohibited and restricted areas.
- The MCS Act does have not provisions for "Prohibited & Restricted" areas in the Society premises.
- The Mg.committee (MC) has compulsorily to work under the provisions of the MCS Act and if the MCS Act does not provide for restrictions on "tenants" THEN the MC or GB resolutions and the General Body (GB) resolutions are "illegal & invalid".